AMC-IP software upgrade (Red AMC-IP board)
From Zenitel Wiki
This article describes how to upgrade the software on a red AMC-IP board, hardware revision 4 and earlier.
The red AMC-IP board was produced until 2010, when it was replaced by the black AMC-IP board (hardware revision 5 and 6).
Backup of customer data
Configuration data will be lost when doing the upgrade.
Upgrading to version 10.60.3.14
The upgrade is done in two steps:
- First install software version 10.51
- Then install version 10.60.3.14.
If the already installed software version is newer than 10.51, the first step can be skipped (skip point 4 and 5 in the detailed description below).
Detailed step by step instructions:
- Download the AMC-IP software package alpha_sys_10_60_3_14.tbz2 (and alpha_sys_10_51.tbz2 if required), and save the file on your PC.
- Use an internet browser and log on to the AlphaCom Web interface (AlphaWeb) and select System Upgrade -> System Upgrade.
- 3. If there are any files listed under "Repository AMC System Packages", these files should be deleted to free up space.
- 4. Browse to the AMC-IP software file ver. 10.51, and select Upload. The file will now be transferred from the PC to the AMC-IP board. The upload process takes approx. 1 minute.
- 5. When the upload is finished an Install Selected button will appear. Press the Install Selected. The installation takes approx. 2 minutes. The upgrade status is shown in the web browser.
- 6. When the system is up and running again, Browse to the AMC-IP software file ver. 10.60.3.14, and select Upload, then Install Selected. When the software installation is finished the system will restart with the new software.
- 7. Restore the configuration by doing a SendAll operation from AlphaPro. Reset the exchange when the SendAll is finished.
Upgrading from version 10.x to version 18.104.22.168
Upgrading a red AMC-IP board to version 22.214.171.124 is a 3-step process:
- First upgrade the board to version 10.60.3.14, as described earlier in this article
- Perform an Image Upgrade. This is required to go from version 10 to version 11. Follow the instructions here: Image Upgrade procedure. After the Image Upgrade, the board will get AMC software 126.96.36.199.
- Finally upgrade to latest version 188.8.131.52:
- Download the file alpha-sys-184.108.40.206.zip. Unzip the file. It contains the file alpha-sys-220.127.116.11.apkg, as well as the file alphaweb_upgrade_fix.apkg.
- Use an internet browser and log on to the AlphaCom Web interface (AlphaWeb) and select System Maintenance -> System Upgrade.
- Browse to the alphaweb_upgrade_fix.apkg file, and select Upload. The file will now be transferred from the PC to the AMC-IP board.
- When the upload is finished an Install button will appear. Press the Install button, the upgrade status is shown in the web browser.
- When the system is up and running again, Browse to the alpha-sys-18.104.22.168.apkg file, and select Upload, then Install.
- When the software installation is finished, the system will restart with the new software.
- Restore the configuration by doing a SendAll operation from AlphaPro. Reset the exchange when the SendAll is finished.
- Software version lower than 10.40 cannot be mixed with software higher than 10.40 in a VoIP AlphaNet.
- When updating the AMC-IP board to software version 10.60.3.14 (or 22.214.171.124), make sure that all AlphaCom exchanges in the AlphaNet has a software version higher than 10.40.