AMC-IP software upgrade (Red AMC-IP board)
From Zenitel Wiki
This article describes how to upgrade the software on an black AMC-IP board, hardware revision 5 or later.
Configuration data will be lost when doing the upgrade.
Upgrading to AMC-IP software version 220.127.116.11
The software 18.104.22.168 is only supported on the black AMC IP boards (HW version 5 and higher). Hardware revision 4 or earlier (the red AMC-IP board) is not supported.
Download the file bsp_31.00.3.2.apkg.
- Use an internet browser and log on to the AlphaCom Web interface (AlphaWeb) and select System Maintenance -> System Upgrade.
- Browse to the previously downloaded bsp file, and select Upload. The file will now be transferred from the PC to the AMC-IP board.
- When the upload is finished an Install button will appear. Press the Install button, the upgrade status is shown in the web browser.
- When the software installation is finished the system will restart with the new software.
- Restore the customer data by doing a SendAll operation from AlphaPro. Reset the exchange when the SendAll is finished.
Upgrading AMC-IP software version 10.x
- When updating to AMC IP software version 10.60.3.x, all AlphaCom E exchanges in a VoIP AlphaNet network with a software version lower than 10.40 MUST be upgraded at the same time. This requirement does not exist for exchanges connected via AGA or AE1 cards, either connected directly or via multiplexer equipment, where the data is transferred via serial data links.
- For programming of the exchange, AlphaPro 10.28 or later must be used.
Note: Only AMC-IP cards with software version 10.51 or higher should be upgraded to version 10.60.3.x. If the software version is older then 10.51, an upgrade to 10.51 must be done first.
Download the AMC-IP software package alpha_sys_10_60_3_x.tbz2 (and alpha_sys_10_51.tbz2 if required) from the download page, and save the file on your PC.
Note: When upgrading to AMC version 10.51 from AMC 10.42 or earlier versions, the current configuration will be lost, and factory default settings will be loaded. The configuration made from AlphaWeb (e.g. IP addresses, IP routing etc.) will be kept. When upgrading from 10.51 to 10.60.3.x the current configuration remains.
- Backup: Before doing the upgrade, the costumer data must be backed up by doing a GetAll operation from AlphaPro.
- Use Internet Explorer or another internet browser and log on to the AlphaCom Web interface (AlphaWeb) and select System Upgrade -> System Upgrade.
- If there are any files listed under "Repository AMC System Packages" these files should be deleted to free up space.
- Browse to the AMC-IP software file, and select Upload. The file will now be transferred from the PC to the AMC-IP board. The upload process takes approx. 1 minute.
- When the upload is finished an "Install Selected" button will appear.
- Press Install Selected to install the software. This takes approx. 2 minutes. The upgrade status is shown in the web browser.
- When the software installation is finished the system will restart.
- Restore the configuration by doing a SendAll operation from AlphaPro. Reset the exchange when the SendAll is finished.
- Downgrade from AMC 10.60.3.x to a 10.5x or earlier version of AMC is only possible by doing a complete AMC Flash Image update.
Note: To upgrade from main version 10 to 11 please follow the Image Upgrade procedure before proceeding to upgrade the software to the latest version.