ICX-AlphaCom Core - Installation
From Zenitel Wiki
This article describes how to install the ICX-AlphaCom Core software package.
ICX-AlphaCom Core is the software running on the ICX-500 Gateway. The software is also available for installation on industry standard PC hardware. ICX-AlphaCom Core can be installed either on a physical machine or virtual machine.
- CPU: PC type hardware using Intel and AMD 64 bit processors, with the exception of the Intel Itanium processor.
- Memory: 1 GByte
- Harddisk: 15 GByte
- Operating System: Linux - Ubuntu 18.04.x LTS Server - this is a strict requirement
- Virtual Machine: The VM must be defined with:
- 1 processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 15 GB harddisk as a minimum
|DO NOT UPGRADE UBUNTU FROM 18.04 EVEN IF OFFERED BY THE SYSTEM. THIS WILL IRREVERSIBLY BREAK THE ICX-ALPHACOM CORE INSTALLATION|
- Direct access to the Linux Console of the VM is required. The installation must be done from the VM console directly
- Installations performed using SSH connection (Putty, Tera Term etc.) might fail due to network changes during installation.
- For installations performed using remote connection, the remote computer must be in the same subnet as the VM machine.
- ICX-AlphaCom Core can run directly on a PC or in a VM, in either case make certain that Ubuntu 18.04 Server is installed
- An Internet connection must be available with a DNS server as the installation process will download security updates. Installation will not complete without a live connection.
- Before installing version ICX-AlphaCom Core 184.108.40.206, any previously installed beta-version of ICX-AlphaCom Core must be removed. Command: sudo apt purge vs-'*'
- Upload the ICX-AlphaCom Core software to your home directory of the VM, using for example WinSCP
- Example file: “ICX-Core-01.00-bionic-220.127.116.11.apt.tar”
- From the Linux console, install the ICX-AlphaCom Core software with the following command:
- After first time installation, later ICX-AlphaCom Core upgrades can be done from the ICX-WEB menu: System Maintenance -> System Upgrade
- Maintenance and configuration of the Ubuntu Linux system should only be performed from the ICX-WEB.
- Ubuntu services such as Networking, Firewall and NTP are over-written or disabled by the ICX-AlphaCom Core services
- Modification of the Linux services directly may be ignored, or may affect system operation
The ICX-AlphaCom Core requires a license to operate:
- 1002600000 - ICX-Core_x64 - Software package ICXCore for x64.
In addition, licenses are required for devices and services. For details see Licenses for ICX-500 and ICX-AlphaCom Core
After being installed, the ICX-AlphaCom Core will run on a 20-day free license period, allowing for test and demo without having to purchase licenses.