TCIS Indication LEDs
From Zenitel Wiki
LEDs on Front Panel
- Bell icon lights yellow when a call is placed and ringing
- Talk icon lights green when a call is active and in conversation
- Door icon lights red when the door is unlocked or relay is active
- Steady dim light: Station is successfully registered to the server.
- Flashing light: The station fails to register. Check the network and network cables, and the IP settings and account settings configuration in the station or in the server.
Talk Icon: Flashing at 1 second intervals:
Station has no connection to the server.
- No connection to Ethernet
- Wrong server IP address configured
- Invalid IP address
- No default gateway address or wrong gateway configured
Talk Icon: Flashing at 5 second intervals:
Station has TCP connection to the server, but fail to register.
- Station has not been programmed in AlphaPro
LED indicators on the printed circuit board
One blue LED indicates if the station receives power.
- Blue LED on: The station receives power
Ethernet status LEDs
Two LEDs (green and yellow) indicates the status of the ethernet link.
- Green LED
- Steady light: Ethernet link is OK
- Flashing: Ethernet link is OK, data traffic
- No light: No Ethernet link. Check the ethernet cable and network switch
- Yellow LED
- Steady light: 100 Mbit Ethernet connection
- No light: 10 Mbit Ethernet connection
Registration status LEDs
Two LEDs (green and red) indicates if the station is registered.
- Flashing green: Station is successfully registered to the server.
- Flashing two times red + one time green or one red + two green: The station fails to register. Check the network and network cables, and the IP settings and account settings configuration in the station or in the server.