VS-IMT Upgrade Stations
From Zenitel Wiki
This article describes how to upgrade (or downgrade) the firmware of Zenitel IP devices using the VS-IMT PC tool.
- Download and install the VS-IMT tool on a Windows computer. ake sure you are using the latest version of the software.
- Download the latest Device Firmware Package VS-IS_6.x.x.x.zip, and store it on your computer. Make a note of the location. Don't unzip the file. The Device Firmware Package is a collection of firmware images for most types of Zenitel IP intercoms and devices.
- Start the IMT tool, and Create a new Project
- Select File > Launch Station Wizard, which will take you through the necessary steps
- Select Next to go to the Discover Stations window
- Enter the IP address range you want to scan in the From and To fields, and click Search/Start. The IMT will now show a list of discovered devices
- By default the IMT is using the default credentials (admin/alphaadmin) to communicate with the devices. Uncheck Use default credentials, and enter the actual credentials if default is not used.
- Select which stations to upgrade by checking the Select flag for individual stations, or the Select all flag for all stations
- Next will take you to the Identify window (we skip this step now), and Next again to the Upgrade Stations window
- Import the software image files into the IMT repository by selecting Import image... Browse to the location where the downloaded files were stored, and select Open.
- If there are multiple software images in the IMT repository, select from the dropdown menu in the Station software images panel which software image version to use
- The Software column shows the current software version in the device, and the Target SW shows the software version after the upgrade
- Select which devices to upgrade by Ctrl+Click (individual devices), Shift+Click (range of devices) or Ctrl+A (all devices). Selected devices are highlighted in blue color
- Different device types (e.g. INCA and Turbine) can be updated at the same time. The Exception is Flowire, which has to be upgraded separately
- Click the Upgrade button to initiate the upgrade process
The Status and the Upgrade columns show the upgrade process. Wait for all upgrades to complete.The status will be reported Success when a device is up and running with the new software.
|Turbine Video Station TCIV-x notes:|
If a device fails to upgrade or in case of any other problems, see VS-IMT Troubleshooting & Technical Background.