VS-IMT Upgrade Stations
From Zenitel Wiki
This article describes how to upgrade (or downgrade) the firmware of Zenitel IP devices using the VS-IMT PC tool.
- Download and install the VS-IMT tool on a Windows computer. Make sure you are using the latest version of the software.
- Download the latest Device Firmware Package VS-IS_6.x.x.x.zip, and store it on your computer. Make a note of the location. Don't unzip the file. The VS-IS Device Firmware Package is a collection of firmware images for most types of Zenitel IP intercoms and devices.
- Start IMT, select Discover & Upgrade from main menu
- Enter From - To IP address range, and Search
- Select Import Image…, and browse to the VS-IS_6.x.x.x.zip file
- Use Ctrl + Mouse click to select stations or devices to upgrade
- Select Upgrade
- The upgrade progress is shown in the IMT
- Select which stations to upgrade by checking the Select flag for individual stations, or the Select all flag for all stations
- Next will take you to the Identify window (we skip this step now), and Next again to the Upgrade Stations window
- Import the software image files into the IMT repository by selecting Import image... Browse to the location where the downloaded files were stored, and select Open.
- If there are multiple software images in the IMT repository, select from the dropdown menu in the Station software images panel which software image version to use
- The Software column shows the current software version in the device, and the Target SW shows the software version after the upgrade
- Select which devices to upgrade by Ctrl+Click (individual devices), Shift+Click (range of devices) or Ctrl+A (all devices). Selected devices are highlighted in blue color
- Different device types (e.g. INCA and Turbine) can be updated at the same time. The Exception is Flowire, which has to be upgraded separately
- Click the Upgrade button to initiate the upgrade process
The Status and the Upgrade columns show the upgrade process. Wait for all upgrades to complete.The status will be reported Success when a device is up and running with the new software.
|Turbine Video Station TCIV-x notes:|
If a device fails to upgrade or in case of any other problems, see VS-IMT Troubleshooting & Technical Background.