VS-IMT Upgrade Stations
From Zenitel Wiki
This article describes how to upgrade (or downgrade) the firmware of Zenitel IP devices using the VS-IMT PC tool.
- Download and install the VS-IMT tool on a Windows computer. Make sure you are using the latest version of the software.
- Download the latest Device Firmware Package VS-IS_6.x.x.x.zip, and store it on your computer. Make a note of the location. Don't unzip the file. The VS-IS Device Firmware Package is a collection of firmware images for most types of Zenitel IP intercoms and devices.
- Start IMT, select Discover & Upgrade from main menu
- Enter From - To IP address range
- Change credentials if default username/password is not used on the devices
- Press Search to start the discovery process
- When the search process is finished, select Import Image…, and browse to the VS-IS_6.x.x.x.zip file
- Select which devices to upgrade by Ctrl+Click (individual devices), Shift+Click (range of devices) or Ctrl+A (all devices). Selected devices are highlighted in blue color. The IMT will update up to 8 devices in parallel
- If your computer has several Ethernet interfaces, select the one which is on the same network as the Zenitel devices ("Choose TFTP server IP address")
- Press Upgrade
- The Status column shows the upgrade process. Wait for all upgrades to complete.The status will be reported Success when a device is up and running with the new firmware.
If the you get the response "Upgrade failed", check the following:
|Turbine Video Station TCIV-x notes:|
If a device fails to upgrade or in case of any other problems, see VS-IMT Troubleshooting & Technical Background.