Bria video soft phone
From Zenitel Wiki
This article describes how to set up the Bria video soft phone to operate in a PULSE system. The soft phone can be used for audio only, or it can also be used to show the video image from a Turbine Video Station TCIV.
Video from the following stations are supported:
Note that video from these stations is not supported:
Pulse Server configuration
Turbine Station TCIV - Video Settings
- Log on to the TCIV station (default username: admin, password: alphaadmin)
- Select SIP Configuration > Video Settings, and set:
- Video mode: H.264
Setting up the Bria video soft phone
- Download and install Bria
Note: Exceptions must be made for Bria in Windows Firewall to be able to receive video. During installation Bria adds rules to Windows Firewall by default, but in some cases this is not sufficient and exceptions must be added manually. If in doubt, consult your system administrator on how to add exceptions for Bria in Windows Firewall.
Create SIP Account
- Create a SIP account by choosing Account, and create a new account
- User ID: The directory number of the Bria phone
- Domain: The IP address of the Pulse Server
- Display name: Any text
Set Video Codec
- Select Preferences > Video Codecs and enable H.264 (or just enable all of them)
Door Opening feature (optional)
During conversation with the Turbine Video Station the integrated relay of the station can be operated by pressing a digit (default: digit 6) on the phone. The Turbine range of stations support DTMF via both RFC 2833 and SIP INFO. Other (non-Turbine) stations currently support DTMF via SIP INFO only.
To enable both DTMF methodes, select Softphone > Preferences > Calls, and set DTMF = "RFC 2833 and SIP INFO":
Verify Registration of the Bria Softphone
When the configuration for both the Turbine Video station and the Bria softphone has been done, verify that they’re both registered in the Pulse system.
- To verify station registration, you need to log into the station that has been set up as the Pulse Server.
- Select Server Management > Server Monitoring
- The Bria phone should now appear in the Station Directory with Status = Registered
Now you should be able to:
- Call the Bria softphone directly by pressing the call key on the Turbine Video station
- Call the Turbine Video station by dialing its number on the Bria softphone
To stream the video, you have to activate the video display on the Bria softphone.