From Zenitel Wiki
This article describes how to set up Grandstream GXV3240 to operate with an AlphaCom server. The IP phone can be used for audio only, or it can also be used to show the video image from a Stentofon IP Video Door Station.
To support video, the following software should be used:
- In GXV 3240: 18.104.22.168 or later
- In TCIV: 22.214.171.124 or later
NOTE: In GXV3240 firmware 126.96.36.199 there is a videocall issue. Video will show during ringing, but disappears when the call is answered.
The Grandstream phone must be configured as a SIP User in AlphaPro, Users & Stations. See article SIP phone as station for details.
Configuration of the Grandstream phone
Power up the phone. The IP address of the phone is shown in the display.
Use an internet browser, and log on to the web interface of the phone.
- Username: admin
- password: admin
Create SIP account
In Account > General Settings , select Account 1 and do the following settings:
- Account Active: Enable
- Account Name: Any text
- SIP Server: The IP address of the AlphaCom
- SIP User ID: The directory number. Must match the number configured in AlphaCom
- SIP Authentication ID: Enter the same as the SIP User ID
Set Audio Codec
Check in AlphaPro, Users & Stations, what codec has been selected for the SIP phone (normally G.722).
In the Grandstream phone, go to Account > Codec Settings , select Account 1 and remove all codecs from the "Seleceted" list except the one defined in AlphaPro.
Door Opening feature (optional)
During conversation with the Door Station a relay can be operated by pressing digit 6 on the phone.
Verify that the phone is configured to use RFC2833 for DTMF signaling. In Account > Codec Settings , select Account 1 and enable RFC2833.
In AlphaCom the relay must be mapped to a logical RCO, and an "Door Opening" event created to trigger this RCO. See Door opening for more details.
Configuration for Video
The Grandstream phone can be configured to show video image from the following Video Door Stations:
- IP Video Door Station - 1401110100
- IP Video Door Station - 1401110200
- Turbine Compact IP Video - TCIV
The video is streamed in MJPEG format directly from the camera to the Grandstream phone. The AlphaCom is not involved in the video stream. The cameras must have a static IP address. The Grandstream phone supports up to 30 cameras.
The video image will show during ringing and conversation for incoming calls. The directory number of the Video Door Station must be defined in Grandstream phone, together with the url of the camera in the Video Door Station. When a call is received, the phone will look up in this directory list, and find the correct URL for the associated camera.
- In Account > Call Settings , select Account 1
- Set Special Feature = Baudisch Door System
- Press the button Configure Door System to open the Camera List
- In the Camera List, enter the camera URL and the directory number of the Video Door station:
Which URL to use depends on the type of Video Door Station:
- TCIV (Turbine Compact IP Video):
http://<IP address of the camera>:8090/mjpg/video.mjpg Example: http://10.5.101.49:8090/mjpg/video.mjpg
The TCIV is by default using port 8090 for video. This is configurable in the TCIV station.
- IP Video Door Station - 1401110100 (CP-CAM camera):
http://<IP address of the camera>/mjpg/video.mjpg Example: http://10.5.101.23/mjpg/video.mjpg
- IP Video Door Station - 1401110200 (Axis camera):
http://<IP address of the camera>/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi Example: http://10.5.101.39/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi