From Zenitel Wiki(Redirected from ICX-500 Gateway)
The ICX-500 Gateway is the latest generation Intelligent Communications Platform from Zenitel.
- 1 Connectors
- 2 Start up and initial configuration
- 3 Status LEDs
- 4 Fault Relay
- 5 User configuration
- 6 Factory Reset (cold boot)
- 7 Software upgrade
- 8 Accessing the SD Card and Factory Default button
- 9 Dimensions & Mounting
- 10 Additional information
|Ethernet||Eth0 / Eth1||Two 100Mbps ethernet interfaces. Each Ethernet port is equipped with LED indicators for link and activity.|
|Power||24-48VDC||ICX-500 is powered from a DC power supply with nominal voltage 24VDC or 48VDC (Min/Max: 20VDC-63VDC)|
|Console port RS232||RJ45||RS232 port is the RJ45 part of the dual connector RS232/USB. This is a console port for debugging purposes.|
Com parameters: 115.200 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit.
|ICX-500 features one USB A and one USB micro-B connector|
|Fault Relay||3 pole terminal block||Fault relay is used to indicate system status together with Fault LED|
|SD card||Micro SD card||Used for external storage or system recovery (Behind protection lid)|
|Factory Default Button||Tact switch||Used for resetting ICX-500 to factory default settings (Behind protection lid)|
The IPS-AC1 from Zenitel is a 48VDC power supply, with input voltage range 85-264 VAC. It is designed for DIN-Rail mounting.
As an option one can use a locally provided power supply unit (PSU). The ICX-500 Gateway must be powered by 24VDC or 48VDC. Recommended power rating of the PSU is minimum 24W (24V/1A or 48V/0.5A).
|In order to comply with UL safety requirements, the ICX-500 has to be supplied by a power supply specified as a Limited Power Source (LPS) or PS2 (cased on IEC/UL 62368-1 definition) or NEC Class 2 source of supply. The IPS-AC1 meets this criterion.|
The ICX-500 Gateway has two RJ-45 ethernet ports for IP communication. Ethernet port 0 (Eth 0) is by default configured as a Management port, allowing connection to the embedded web server (ICX Web) and connection of the PC configuration tool AlphaPro. Default IP addresses:
- Eth0: Static IP address 169.254.1.5
- Eth1: Obtains IP address automatically (DHCP)
Start up and initial configuration
- Power up the IXC-500 Gateway
- Watch the LEDs. During startup the Power LED and the Fault LED will be lit. The system uses approx. 20 seconds to start up. When up and running, the green status LED will start flashing.
- The ICX-500 comes with an embedded web server (ICX Web), which provides functions for system configuration, monitoring and upgrade. Initial connection is done by connecting a laptop to Eth port 0, open a web broswer (e.g. Firefox or Chrome), and log on to the web server using IP address 169.254.1.5. (Default Username/Password = admin/alphaadmin).
- Upgrade the software of the ICX-500 to the latest version. Upgrade is done from the web interface of the gateway. This will ensure that the system has the latest features, bug fixes and security updates.
The ICX-500 Gateway has a number of status LEDs. The same LEDs are located both in front and at the rear side of the unit.
|Power||Steady green when power is applied to the ICX-500|
|Status||Flashing green when the ICX is running|
|Fault||Steady amber when the system reports an error. The LED will be lit during application or system reset, or if there is a temperature alarm.|
|Active||Steady blue when the ICX-500 is operational.|
In a system with redundant servers, the Active LED will be lit on the operational gateway, and not lit on the standby gateway
|Link||Steady green when the ethernet link 0 or 1 is up. There is one LED for each ethernet port|
|RX/TX||Flashing when receiving or trransmitting data on ethernet port 0 or 1.|
The fault relay will trigger when the system reports an error. In normal operation the relay is energized, which means it will also trigger on power outage.
Fault is reported:
- During Application or System reset
- If there is a Temperature alarm (Thresolds are 75C on PCB, 95C on CPU)
- If Power failure
- AlphaPro is the Windows application used for configuration of the ICX-500 system. Configuration of user data, such as Directory Numbers, Direct Access Keys, Group Calls etc. is done from AlphaPro.
|ICX-500 requires configuration tool AlphaPro ver. 12 or higher|
Factory Reset (cold boot)
The factory reset button is used to restore the ICX-500 to factory settings. The factory reset (cold boot) button is located on rear side of the ICX-500, behind the same protection lid as the micro SD card.
Two different procedures are available:
- Load default intercom database
- Reset all IP settings to default (E.g. IP addresses and Filters). Eth0 will get IP address 169.254.1.5, subnet mask 255.255.0.0.
- Press an hold the "Factory Default" button
- Power up the ICX-500 while the button is pressed
- Keep the button pressed for approx. 5 sec., then release it
Intercom Configuration only:
- Keep the IP settings
- Load default intercom database
- Power up the ICX-500
- Wait for 5 sec., then press and hold the “Factory Default” button
- Keep the button pressed until the Status LED is flashing green or the fault relay is clicking (Approx. 10 sec)
Factory reset can also be done from the ICX web interface: System Maintenance > System Recovery > Load Factory Defaults
- It is highly recommended to Upgrade the software of the gateway to the latest version. Upgrade is done from the web interface of the gateway. This will ensure that the system has the latest features, bug fixes and security updates.
The SD Card and the Factory Default button are located behind a protective lid.
- Locate the lid, it is between the fault relay and the power connector
- Loosen the screw, but don't remove. Tool: Torx T6.
- Lift the lid out at the buttom side (Picture 1)
- Remove the lid (Picture 2)
- The SD card slot and factory default button are now accessable
- Replace the lid in reverse order
Dimensions & Mounting
Using the IA-MB1 mounting bracket (item no: 100 2500 020), the ICX-500 can be mounted on any flat surface such as a wall or shelf. The following procedure is for a mounting on a wall as an example.
1. Mount the bracket to the wall using the 3 screws provided.
2. Slide the 4 mounting clips into the side walls of the bracket.
3. Slide the ICX-500 unit into the bracket
To have logo and connection annotations in the correct viewing orientation, you may slide the unit top or bottom down into the bracket depending on whether it is mounted on a wall, desk or shelf.
Using the IA-RS1 Rack Shelf (item no: 100 2500 010), two ICX-500 units can be mounted side by side in a 19" 1HU rack.
1. Slide the 4 mounting clips into the side walls of the rack shelf.
2. Slide the ICX-500 unit into the rack shelf.
3. Use the 2 countersunk type M4x8 screws to secure the unit to the rack shelf via the 2 diagonally positioned securing holes.
The securing holes can also be used to mount the unit to a shelf other than the IA-RS1. Note that the maximum insertion depth is 6 mm.
- Datasheet and specifications: Additional Documentation on Zenitel.com