ICX-AlphaCom Core in VirtualBox
From Zenitel Wiki
This article describes how to install ICX-Core in a VirtualBox environment.
- Virtual machine: VirtualBox (version 6.0 is used in this guide): https://www.oracle.com/virtualization/technologies/vm/downloads/virtualbox-downloads.html
- Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04.x LTS Server (Mandatory): http://releases.ubuntu.com/18.04/
- File transfer software: WinSCP (version 5.15.3 used in this guide): WinSCP https://winscp.net/eng/index.php
- ICX-Core software: ICX System
|The virtual machine must have an internet connection and valid DNS server during the installation process|
After downloading and installing VirtualBox, run the software and create the virtual machine by clicking "New":
Give your machine a name, set Type = Linux, and set Version = Ubuntu:
The memory must be at least 1GB:
Create the virtual HDD:
Select the HDD type:
Physical HDD storage:
The HDD must be minimum 15GB:
After the creation of the virtual machine is finished, select and set some Settings before starting:
In Storage, browse for the OS .iso file (Ubuntu 18.04.x LTS Server) and mount it:
Set up the Network connection:
- Choose Bridged Adapter, and select which interface to use for the ICX-Core
Now Start the machine:
The Ubuntu installation will automatically launch after Start in the previous section. Choose your language:
Define your keyboard:
Confirm the network adapter:
Enter Proxy if needed:
Enter profile and credentials. VERY important to not forget this. Write it down!:
Select Install OpenSSH server:
The installation is now running:
Installation complete! Hit Enter key to reboot:
The virtual machine reboots and starts up with Ubuntu running in terminal mode.
Log in with the username and password defined earlier. Use command "ip a" to see the IP address that the virtual machine has:
Connect to the virtual machine with WinSCP ...
... and copy the ICX-Core installation file from your computer to the virtual machine:
Install ICX-Core using the command (case sensitive):
Where ICX-Core-01.00-bionic-126.96.36.199.apt.tar is the ICX-Core file name.
After installation, you can access the ICX Web from any PC in the network by using the IP address of the virtual machine.