Linked Edge Controllers
From Zenitel Wiki
Linked Edge Controllers makes it possible to call between different IC-EDGE Systems. The routing between IC-EDGE Systems are easily configured in the Edge Controller Directory.
No license is required to use Edge Link.
- Point to point calls with Caller ID
- Door opening
- Call transfer
- Call forwarding
- Station profiles
Edge Link Routes must be configured to enable calls between different Edge sites. A route consists of:
- Directory Number range (To - From) in the remote site
- Logical name for the route
- IP address and SIP port of the remote Edge Controller (Edge Controller SIP port is normally 5060)
- Profile to assign calls coming from/to the route. Profiles can be used to restrict access to/from a route
|Transit calls are not possible. There must be a direct route from the calling Edge site to the remote Edge site|
To add a route on an Edge Controller, select Edge Controller > System Configuration > Directory
- Number Start: First number in the remote IC-EDGE System.
- Number Stop: Last number in the remote IC-EDGE System. The number range must have the same amount of digits. For example 200 - 299, not 50 - 150.
- Name: Logical name for the route. Any text can be used.
- Profile: Profile to assign calls coming from/to the route. Profiles can be used to restrict access to/from a route.
- Host: IP-Address of remote Edge Controller
- Port: The SIP port used. Normally 5060.
|Edge controller IP Address||192.168.1.10|
|Edge controller IP Address||192.168.5.10|
IMPORTANT INFO REGARDING MULTIPLE IC-EDGE SYSTEMS ON ONE LAN IP SUBNET Because of the Edge auto-detect and configuration, it is NOT recommended to run multiple IC-EDGE Systems on the same LAN IP-Subnet. If you still, despite our recommendations want to run multiple IC-EDGE Systems on the same LAN subnet, we strongly recommend that you -Connect and set up IC-EDGE System 1 -Disconnect IC-EDGE System 1 -Connect and set up IC-EDGE System 2 -When done with all separate configuration, connect both IC-EDGE Systems. If you are going to do configuration changes, please remember to disconnect the other IC-EDGE System from the network.
- Edge Controller can have maximum of 50 configured Edge Links.
- Transit calls: A client may only call to sites to which there is a direct route. In the example in the top of this article, the satellite Edge sites may only call to central site, while central site can call all sites.
- Call Transfer/Forwarding can only be done to stations to which there is a direct route.
- Group calls: It is not possible to do group calls from one Edge system to another.