From Zenitel Wiki
RTP Daemon is a Linux userspace program running in the background (daemon mode). It handles sending and receiving of RTP packet streams. It is controlled by AMCD.
- Rtpdaemon handles transmission, reception and formatting of RTP packets.
- Rtpdaemon formats and decodes RTP headers.
- Rtpdaemon does not encode/decode the audio samples it self. Sample encode/decode is done in the DSP.
- Rtpdaemon buffers received RTP packets, and a jitter-buffer algorithm sends chunks of samples to the DSP for decoding.
- Rtpdaemon is implemented as a single-threaded program.