From Zenitel Wiki
This product is discontinued and replaced by AlphaCom XE20
See also AlphaCom Exchange Upgrade
- Next generation multiservice platform with integrated media processing engine, packet processing engine, HW encryption and storage module
- Made for critical communication and security solutions
- Embedded real time Linux operating system
- Best of both worlds – supports a mix of IP and traditional services within the same node
- Backward compatible
- SIP interoperability with VoIP systems and equipment
- Wide range of open interfaces
- Superb audio quality in all environments
- New services through Web i.e. remote programming
- Networking capabilities to extend your solution geographically
The AlphaCom E combines the best of the present advanced AlphaCom system with the latest IP, Linux and embedded networking technologies. When entering the IP world, no compromise has been made. The AlphaCom E provides the complete set of existing services, quality, reliability and security characteristics for which AlphaCom has always been recognized.
Some of the special features it brings into the IP domain are wideband (7 kHz) audio, a built-in firewall, integrated Web and SIP server, hardware encryption and low latency switching.
In addition to these important characteristics, a new set of innovative services has been introduced to improve cost efficiency, service capabilities and system operation.
The cabinet has room for installation of totally 20 circuit boards, one AMC-IP processor board, one APC program & clock board and up to 18 feature boards. The exchange also includes a mains power supply and a cooling fan, and a Status LED indicator.
Several exchanges can be interconnected on AlphaNet over IP, as well as the traditional methods, both locally and worldwide. All communication and services are available throughout the entire network.
The AlphaCom E-series includes extended integration of different kinds of communication and alarm systems, access control, CCTV, public address, public telephones and a variety of features and solutions that can be added when desired. It is easy to interface to 3rd party systems to create special applications.
The new technology allows remote programming, logging and maintenance via AlphaPro, Syslog and standard web browsers.
The cabinet is intended for mounting in a 19” rack. It has room for installation of totally 20 circuit boards, one AMC-IP processor board, one APC program & clock board and up to 18 feature boards. The exchange also includes a mains power supply.
- Up to 4 units may be mounted in one 19” rack if sufficient ventilation is provided. It is recommended to mount a 24 VDC cooling fan module on top of each exchange unit.
- The two-pair star wired intercom cables are connected to connection boards on the cabinet DIN rail or in a separate distribution field.
- Each subscriber line card provides 6 freely programmable Remote Control Outputs (RCO’s).
- Two RJ45 Ethernet terminals on the IP filter board are used for IP LAN and WAN communication.
- The serial ports with RS232 and RS422/485 interface are used for interface to equipment using these protocols.
- 6 program distribution sources can be connected to the APC board via an optional program connection board. Up to 32 extra programs may be added using AGA boards, 16 programs per board.
- The optional program connection board has input for 6 Remote Control Inputs (RCI) which can initiate programmed actions.
- The exchange is powered from the mains. The power supply APWR runs on 90-270 VAC.
The built-in power supply serves approximately 80 standard stations when all stations are activated (All Call or Alarm Call). If All- or Alarm Call is not to be activated, the exchange may be fully equipped with 102 stations.
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||482 x 265 x 365 mm|
|Input voltage||90 - 270 VAC|
|Power consumption||max. 450 W (80 subscribers)|
|Temperature||0 to +35'C / +32 to +95*F enviroment|
|Humidity range||10% to 90% RH|
Remote control outputs
Remote control inputs
18 slot positions
80 extensions with one power suply
102 max. physically
6 on APC board + 16 per AGA board
6 per ASLT subscriber board
6 on APC board
1x RS232, RJ-45
2x 10/100 Mbps, RJ-45
||IP v4 - TCP - UDP - Telnet - FTP - NTP |
HTTP 1.1 - Syslog - SNMP v2c - SIP - RTP -
RTCP - VolP AlphaNet - STENTOFON data
||High-Resolution 1-Bit Audio - High-Fidelity |
40 Hz - 18.5 kHz - Wideband 7 kHz (G.722)
- Narrowband 3.4 kHz (G.711) - Adaptive Jitter
Buffers - Adaptive Time Synchronization
||Emission: IEC 61000-6-3, IEC 61000-6-4 |
Immunity: IEC 61000-6-1, IEC 61000-0-2
|Compliance||CE, DNV, Report no. 97-1341, EN 60950|