ICX-AlphaCom Core - Installation
From Zenitel Wiki
This article describes how to install the ICX-AlphaCom Core software package.
ICX-AlphaCom Core is the software running on the ICX-500 Gateway. The software is also available for installation on industry standard PC hardware. ICX-AlphaCom Core can be installed either on a physical machine or virtual machine.
- CPU: PC type hardware using Intel and AMD 64 bit processors, with the exception of the Intel Itanium processor.
- Memory: 1 GByte
- Harddisk: 15 GByte
- Operating System: Linux - Ubuntu 18.04.x LTS Server - this is a strict requirement
- Virtual Machine: The VM must be defined with 1 processor, 1 GB RAM and 15 GB harddisk as a minimum
- ICX-AlphaCom Core can run directly on a PC or in a VM, in either case make certain that Ubuntu 18.04 Server is installed
- An Internet connection must be available with a DNS server as the installation process will download security updates. Installation will not complete without a live connection.
- Before installing version ICX-AlphaCom Core 22.214.171.124, any previously installed beta-version of ICX-AlphaCom Core must be removed. Command: sudo apt purge vs-'*'
- Upload the ICX-AlphaCom Core software to your home directory of the VM, using for example WinSCP
- Example file: “ICX-Core-01.00-bionic-126.96.36.199.apt.tar”
- From the Linux console, install the ICX-AlphaCom Core software with the following command:
- After first time installation, later ICX-AlphaCom Core upgrades can be done from the ICX-WEB menu: System Maintenance -> System Upgrade
The ICX-AlphaCom Core requires a license to operate:
- 1002600000 - ICX-Core_x64 - Software package ICXCore for x64.
In addition, licenses are required for devices and services. For details see Licenses for ICX-500 and ICX-AlphaCom Core
After being installed, the ICX-AlphaCom Core will run on a 20-day free license period, allowing for test and demo without having to purchase licenses.