Starting Up Turbine Station
From Zenitel Wiki
The Turbine Stations feature an embedded web interface, which allows users to log in via a standard web browser.
To start up the station, your PC and the IP station have to be connected together via a PoE switch using network cables:
- Connect the PC to a port on the network switch
- Connect the station to a PoE port on the network switch
When the Turbine Station is connected to the network, the IP address of the station is automatically obtained in one of two ways:
- An IP address is obtained from a DHCP server if there is one.
- If there is no DHCP server, a random IP address in the range 169.254.x.x will be assigned.
How to find the IP Address of the station
If the station is not registered to a server, it will speak its own IP address when you press the Call button, a Digit key a DAK key or activate an Input on the station.
At startup the station is by default set to operate in PULSE mode.
During commissioning, the station must be set to operate in the required mode. There are three modes of operation:
- AlphaCom mode - the station will register to an AlphaCom server
- SIP mode - the station will register to a SIP server
- Edge mode - the station will register to a Edge server