From Zenitel Wiki
The TAX-3 handset comes with a Push-To-Talk (PTT) button and 3.5-meter long cable.
- Rugged handset for Ex application
- PTT-key for simplex operation in extremely noisy environments
- Noise-cancelling microphone
- High quality digital background noise reduction
- HD-voice compatible
- IP Rating: IP66
- Designed for Exigo & Turbine EX explosion-proof Intercoms
Connecting the TAX-3 handset to the TFIX station
- Open the TFIX Enclosure
- Connect the wire ferrules on the Handset cable to the terminal block according to the pin configuration below.
- Log on to the station web interface
- In Station Main > Main Settings, set Accessory to "Turbine Handset".
When "Accessory" is set to "Turbine Handset", the station is by default in loudspeaking mode, i.e. the audio is routed to the speaker and microphone of the front panel of the TFIX station. Audio is also routed to the handset speaker, but the handset microphone is disabled.
When a call is received, handset mode is activated by pressing the PTT button in the handset. The audio will then be routed to the handset, and the loudspeaker and the microphone in the front panel is muted.
When the TFIX station returns to idle, e.g. when a call is ended, the station will automatically return to loudspeaking mode.
In stations with Toggle button (TFIX-1 only), one can also use this button to activate the handset. The button lets you toggle between loudspeaking and handset mode. The LED in the toggle button shows the status:
- Green LED = Loudspeaking mode
- Red LED = Handset mode