Turbine 5.0 - Release notes
From Zenitel Wiki
- 1 Release info
- 2 VSF-TURBINE 188.8.131.52
- 2.1 New Features - Turbine Intercom
- 2.2 Improvements
- 2.2.1 PHIX-62 New default audio settings
- 2.2.2 PHIX-61 Config VolumeOverrideLevel also limits other volume adjust functions like AVC
- 2.2.3 PHIX-57 Default SIP registration interval is now 100 seconds
- 2.2.4 PHIX-45 Easy configuration of external relays placed in safe area
- 2.2.5 PHIX-29 Simplified licensing. Expanding system default offer
- 2.3 Fixed issues
- 2.4 Known Issues
- 2.4.1 MTN-2363 Factory reset does not delete uploaded Script
- 2.4.2 MTN-2362 H.264 RTSP stream in UDP mode can display small artifacts at the bottom of the stream
- 2.4.3 MTN-2361 TCIV H264 stream does not work in Honeywell Maxpro NVR
- 2.4.4 MTN-2360 Client side forwarding does not work in SIP mode
- 2.4.5 MTN-2359 Stream is not always established in Pelco VideoExpert VMS version 3.0 or newer
- 2.4.6 MTN-2358 Making a point-to-point call during High priority Group call will drop group call audio.
- 2.4.7 MTN-2356 SNMP not working properly on TCIV under high CPU load
- 2.4.8 MTN-2339 Group call chime is not played on 3rd party SIP stations
- 2.4.9 MTN-2074 TKIE-3 keyboard matrix Vol Up/Down not working
- 2.4.10 MTN-1073 Group call fails if system previously configured with ZAP
This document provides the release notes for VSF-Turbine 5.0 with incremental bug fix releases. The release notes for VSF-Turbine 184.108.40.206 is describing the changes from VSFT-Turbine 220.127.116.11.
Description: VSF-Turbine is a firmware archive for all Turbine Family Intercom stations including devices: TCIS-x, TKIS-2, TCIV-x, TMIS-x, TFIE-x, TKIE-x, TFIX-x, ECPIR-3P, IP-LCM unit, ECPIR-3P, Exigo IP speakers and Exigo Network Amplifiers (AlphaCom mode only).
- vsft-5.0.3.x - Used for standard in-field upgrades
Status: Limited Availability
VS-IS 5.0 is a limited availability release. GA releases are VS-IS 4.11 and VS-IS 5.1
Compatibility: Pulse to IC-EDGE System
You can upgrade from Pulse (VS-IS 4.x) to IC-EDGE, but the whole system needs to run with the same Turbine software (VS-IS 5.0).
In an IC-EDGE System, INCA intercoms cannot be used as the Edge Controller.
TCIV video intercoms should not be used as the Edge Controller for systems exceeding 4 devices.
IMT can be used for station discovery and upgrade but must not be used to configure IC-EDGE.
Pulse to IC-EDGE Licenses
Pulse licenses will be honored in an IC-EGDE System. This means that when you upgrade firmware from VS-IS 4.x to 5.x your Pulse licenses will work for IC-EDGE.
|The number of free VS station licenses has been increased from 16 to 32 in IC-EDGE. This means that you get an additional 16 VS stations to connect to in IC-EDGE|
AlphaCom and SIP Systems
VS-IS 5.0 is a Limited Availability release for IC-EDGE Intelligent Communication Solutions.
New Features - Turbine Intercom
PHIX-1 Integration: IC-EDGE System with Lenel OnGuard
The integration between Zenitel IC-EDGE System and Lenel OnGuard is a by Lenel certified integration. This means that Lenel has tested the following:
- The functionality as described in the document 'Edge OnGuard_Certification'
- Whether the integration module has any adverse effect on the operation of OnGuard itself (memory leak, ...)
The by Zenitel written software has resulted in a dll (lnlzenICedge.dll). This dll is wrapped into an msi-file provide by Lenel. The msi installs the dll, and registers Zenitel IC-EDGE System in the OnGuard database.
The integration is certified for OnGuard versions 7.4 and 7.5.
Name: lnlzenICedge.dll, version 18.104.22.168 Date: 25.03.2019 Status: General Availability
Commands from the GUI
Users have the ability to execute the following commands (Intercom Right-click Options):
- Place call: displays a dialog box where you enter the station number you are calling to. IC-EDGE does not use the priority setting, it will be ignored
- Cancel Call: cancels the intercom call
- Call Intercom: places a call using the default intercom station for the zone
In Alarm Monitoring, the following messages are displayed related to intercom station status changes:
- Call Established – parameters: Originating station and called station
- Call Disconnected – parameters: Originating station and called station
- Call to a Private Subscriber – parameters: Originating station and called station
- Call to a Busy Subscriber – parameters: Originating station and called station
- Call Queued – parameters: Originating station and called station
- Hold – parameters: Station which is placed on hold
- Retrieved as Call Established – parameters: Station of which is the held call is re-established
- Intercom Function; followed by the defined intercom function
Through the linkage server, the following intercom functions can be triggered:
- Place call
For example, place call could be used to start a voice message on a station triggered by an event somewhere else in the system, for instance intrusion detection. This is automated, and does not require an operation from the guard.
By ‘Intercom Function’, it is possible to define the following sub-events:
- Open door
Through the linkage server, it is possible to link an event in IC-EDGE to an action in OnGuard:
- During a call between an operator and a caller at a door station, the operator presses digit ‘6’ on the keypad
- The resulting event in OnGuard will trigger an action: Pulse Door Unlock
PHIX-2 IC-EDGE System
IC-EDGE™ Release 1.0 is a Limited Availability release of our new edge architecture. More info @ IC-EDGE System
The IC-EDGE Series offers smart Intelligent Communication services without the hassle and complexity of current high-end systems. IC-EDGE is easy to operate and deploy, and can be scaled to large-size installations. The value proposition for IC-EDGE Series can be summarized as follows:
- Intelligent at the Core
- Intelligibility – Discoverability – Adaptive – Smart Audio Management
- Plug&Play – Edge or Managed Mode – Self-Aware – Autonomous – Single-Sign-On
- Industry Standards – Out-of-the-Box Integration – Cloud Connectivity
IC-EDGE Release 1.0 will soon be followed by new releases that will gradually deliver on our promise of a complete portfolio of IC-EDGE Intelligent Communication solutions.
- LenelS2 OnGuard
- - Event reporting in alarm manager
- - Status indications in alarm manager, map view and system tree
- - One-click/touch door open operation
- - No need to click into OnGuard menus to operate door controller
- - Advanced OnGuard integration connecting intercom events/actions to other sub-systems like intrusion alarm
- External relay integration (Out-of-the-Box)
- - Add external relays in safe area for door operation
- IP-LCM hardware support
- - Cost-efficient relay solution when multiple relays are needed
Web-based Configuration and Management Tool
IC-EDGE uses a web-based configuration and management tool without the need to install special programs on your PC. Key capabilities of the web tool are:
- Out-of-the-Box audio
- Centralized ring lists
- Centralized DAK + text configuration
- Centralized credential management
- Centralized system time configuration
- Configuration of external relays
- Online help
- New stylesheets/design
Supported Equipment and Clients
IC-EDGE supports the following equipment and clients:
- Turbine intercoms (VS device)
- ITSV-1 video desktop (VS device)
- INCA intercoms (VS device)
- Exigo IP speakers (VS device)
- 3^rd^-party SIP phones and intercoms
- 3^rd^-party SIP gateways
Call Functions **
IC-EDGE supports the following main call cases:
- Basic call
- External call
- Ringlist call (Basic + External)
- Call transfer/forwarding/hold
- Group call with callback
- Group call priority with volume override
- Busy override
- Call restrictions and profiles
- Local relay operation
- External relay operation
Capacity and License Requirements
IC-EDGE Release 1.0 provides the following capacity with NO LICENSE:
- VS Devices: 32
- VS-Clients: 10
- Multisite Trunking: 50
- System Capacity: 2100
PHIX-62 New default audio settings
Some device types have new default audio settings, these settings will be applied on devices coming out of production or when a factory reset is done on upgraded devices. New audio setting values are not forced on device upgrade.
- TMIS and ECPIR stations:
- - Microphone sensitivity 4
- - AGC On
- TCIS, TCIV, TKIS, TKIE, Industrial Turbines and IP Speaker stations
- - Microphone sensitivity 4
- - AGC On
- - AVC On
- - AVC Attack Rate 0.2 dB/sec (6 dB change over 30 sec)
- - AVC Decay Rate 1 dB/sec (6 dB change over 6 sec
PHIX-61 Config VolumeOverrideLevel also limits other volume adjust functions like AVC
VolumeOverrideLevel: "Max audio level to be played out of device. The max audio level is used by emergency group call and AVC."
PHIX-57 Default SIP registration interval is now 100 seconds
The default SIP registration interval is by default changed from 600 seconds to 100 seconds on devices coming out of production or when a factory reset is done on upgraded devices. New SIP registration interval is not forced on device upgrade.
PHIX-45 Easy configuration of external relays placed in safe area
Supports easier configuration of remote door opening on Turbine devices.
PHIX-29 Simplified licensing. Expanding system default offer
VS-clients, SIP trunks do not need licenses now. Additionaly up to 32 stentofon stations can be used without need of intercom extension licenses up to a maximum of 64. Maximum numbers of other device types in system also remains the same.
MTN-2312 Turbine devices not booting completely
If a Turbine device has gotten an IP address from a DHCP server, and then reboots without contact to the DHCP server, the Turbine will go into cyclic reboot until it gets in contact with DHCP server again. This has now been fixed.
Known issue description, description used for older versions: Turbine devices not booting completely
If a Turbine device has gotten a IP address from a DHCP server, and then reboots without contact to the DHCP server, the Turbine will go into cyclic reboot until it gets in contact with DHCP server again.
Workaround: Make sure a DHCP server is available or factory reset with static IP address.
MTN-2363 Factory reset does not delete uploaded Script
All uploaded scripts should also be removed on Factory reset
H.264 RTSP stream in UDP mode can display small artifacts at the bottom of the stream.
MTN-2361 TCIV H264 stream does not work in Honeywell Maxpro NVR
RTSP H.264 does not work in Honeywell Maxpro NVR, workaround is to use MJPEG RTSP stream
MTN-2360 Client side forwarding does not work in SIP mode
Client side forwarding, which can be configured as a DAK action or activated from INCA display menu, does not work in SIP mode. Workaround is to use SIP server side forwarding.
MTN-2359 Stream is not always established in Pelco VideoExpert VMS version 3.0 or newer
Stream is not always established in Pelco VideoExpert VMS version 3.0 or newer, workaround is to follow all the steps described here https://wiki.zenitel.com/wiki/Adding_TCIV_ONVIF_camera_to_Pelco_VideoXpert_Professional when adding TCIV station to Pelco VideoExpert
MTN-2358 Making a point-to-point call during High priority Group call will drop group call audio.
When 2 stations establish a point-to-point call during High priority Group call, they will no longer receive audio from current High priority group call.
MTN-2356 SNMP not working properly on TCIV under high CPU load
SNMP is not working properly on TCIV under high CPU load, which means that SNMP traps and inform messages can be sent with delay, or not be sent at all. This only happens if TCIV is placed under very high load, under normal operating conditions SNMP function without any issues.
MTN-2339 Group call chime is not played on 3rd party SIP stations
Group call chime (WAV file) is not played on third party SIP devices when Group Call is set over multicast IP address.
MTN-2074 TKIE-3 keyboard matrix Vol Up/Down not working
On the TKIE-3 in AlphaCom mode with keyboard matrix the Volume UP (J9-5 and J9-7) and Volume DOWN (J9-5 and J9-6) is not working. Other keys are functional.
MTN-1073 Group call fails if system previously configured with ZAP
If system was configured with ZAP (VS-IMT Pulse SDK project) and then switched to XML configuration by deleting data.lua file, it is possible that Group Calls shall not work. A workaround is that (1) data.lua file is deleted from all stations including Pulse server - this will reboot stations, and (2) after reboot go to Server configuration -> Save + Apply - this will again reboot all stations.