Upgrade from Pulse to IC-EDGE
From Zenitel Wiki
This article describes how to upgrade from a Pulse system to an IC-EDGE System.
Whether a device is operating in Pulse mode or in IC-EDGE mode, depends on the firmware version on the device.
Firmware for Pulse:
- The Turbine devices are running firmware 3.x or 4.x.
- The INCA devices are running firmware 2.9 or earlier.
Firmware for IC-EDGE System:
- In an IC-EDGE System, INCA stations cannot be used as the IC-EDGE Controller. The IC-EDGE Controller must be a Turbine device. If the current Pulse Server is an INCA station, you must select a different device (Turbine) as the IC-EDGE Controller.
- TCIV video intercoms should not be used as the IC-EDGE Controller for systems exceeding 4 devices.
- VS-IMT can be used for station discovery and upgrade, but should not be used to configure IC-EDGE.
Pulse licenses will be honored in an IC-EDGE System. When upgrading a Pulse Server to version 5.x, any licenses installed on the original Pulse Server will still be valid.
More information regarding licensing in IC-EDGE can be found here.
Upgrading the system
Upgrade all stations and devices with firmware for IC-EDGE.
- Download software for IC-EDGE System
- Upgrade procedure using the VS-IMT tool can be found here.
- Manual upgrade procedure can be found here.
Detailed information on how to configure IC-EDGE can be found here.