Directory & Features (AlphaPro)
From Zenitel Wiki
The Directory and Features table contains the all directory numbers for stations and features in the system.
From this menu one can modify a directory number, and add new directory numbers. A directory number can contain anything from 1 to 8 digits. If masking occurs, you will be warned (e.g. if you enter number 10, it will mask all numbers 100- 109, or 1000 to 1099).
- Feature: The feature number specifies what feature to activate when the assosiated Directory Number is dialed. See AlphaCom Feature List for a detailed description of each feature.
- ID: Additional property or sub-ID for the feature. When several directory numbers are using the same feature, they can be separated by different IDs.
- Parameter 2: For some features additional properties can be defined using this field
- Parameter 3: For some features additional properties can be defined using this field
- Directory Number: The directory number can be from 1 to 8 digits. When entering a new number and this number is already in use, or is masking other numbers, you will get a warning.
- Display Text: Caller ID. Maximum 16 characters. Depending on station type, and the number of digits in the directory number, the whole text might not be visible in the display of the station
- Hide in Station Display:
- When enabled this directory number will not show in the Directory List for stations (614) or the Directory List for features (60).
- If the "Hide" flag is set for feature 73 - Call Request, the call queue will display the text of the Call Request feature instead of the caller ID of the calling station
- AlphaNet Visibility: Set according to the Cluster programming.
- When COS NOT OK, Give Access to Group: Stations in the defined group are granted access to dial this Directory Number, even if the dialed feature is not included in their Class of service.
- When COS OK, No Calls From Group: Stations in the defined group are denied access to dial this Directory Number, even if the dialed feature is included in their Class of service.
The directory numbers in the list box are by default sorted by increasing Feature Number. By clicking on the header in the list box the list can be sorted by Directory Number or Display Text.
Features that are used During Conversation are indicated by a '*' in the leftmost column. These are features such as "6" for Door Opening or "2" to put a call On Hold.
Deleting and Inserting directory numbers
Use the Delete button to delete individual numbers. New numbers can be created by using the Insert button, and fill in the required feature number and directory number.
Delete a range of numbers: Select multiple numbers from the list by Ctrl + Click or Shift + Click. Then press Delete. Sometimes it can be convenient to remove all station numbers before starting on a new project, to avoid warning messages about number conflicts.