From Zenitel Wiki
- 1 Highlights
- 2 Variants
- 3 Mounting & Dimensions
- 4 Board positions
- 5 Connections
- 6 Factory Reset (coldstart)
- 7 Upgrade
- 8 Additional Documentation on Zenitel.com
- Made to provide critical communication in any environment
- Supports 552 IP stations and 138 analog intercom stations
- SIM card based software configuration and disaster recovery
- Fully compatible with any AlphaCom system
There are three standard cabinet models: 19” rack mounting, floor cabinet, and floor cabinet with distribution field:
Mounting & Dimensions
The cabinet has room for installation of 26 circuit boards in total: one AMC-IP processor board, one APC program & clock board, and up to 24 feature boards. The server also includes a mains power supply and a cooling fan.
The exchange is powered from the mains.
Two RJ-45 Ethernet terminals on the IP filter board are used for IP LAN and WAN communication
Analogue Intercom Stations
The two-pair star wired intercom cables are connected to connection boards on the cabinet DIN rail or in a separate distribution field
The serial ports with RS232 and RS422/RS485 interfaces are used for connecting to equipment using these protocols
Serial Port 0
RJ45 (RS232 Only)
- No additional settings necessary
Serial Port 1
- Additional settings:
- Switch 8 on S601 on the AMC-IP board must be set to OFF.
Remote Control Inputs (RCI)
The RCI table supports up to 140 inputs.
- For internal RCIs in the AlphaCom XE1, the device address is 68, and the pin number is 1-6.
- Internal pin number 8 is the temperature alarm
- Mappings for the internal RCI's are autoloaded. Mappings for external RCI's (Slave modules, RIO's or IPARIO) must be manually programmed.
|RCI Type||Device/Station physical Number||Pin Number|
|AlphaCom XE26||Device||65-68||1 - 6|
Start fire alarm message and activate rotating lamp:
AMG 1 3 - Alarm Message 3 (8193) to group 1 (84) RCO 5 ON – Turn on the relay that controls the lamp
AMG 1 0 – Alarm Message OFF to group 1 (84) RCO 5 OFF – Turn off the lamp
Note: Multiple commands are separated by semicolon ( ; )
Remote Control Outputs (RCO)
|Device||# of RCO's||Comment||Hardware required|
|AlphaCom XE26]]||138||6 RCOs per ASLT card or ATLB-12 card||MRBD relay board + PDB Power Distribution Board|
Factory Reset (coldstart)
Performing a cold start of the AMC-IP board will delete all previous programming, load factory default settings and set the IP-address to 169.254.1.5 with mask 255.255.0.0 on Eth0.
Cold start procedure
- Press the reset button on the APC board briefly while keeping the cold start button pressed.
- Keep the cold start button pressed at least 2 sec. after power on. The AMC status LED will blink green when the boot is ready.
Cold-start of AMC application only, keep IP setting
- Press the reset button on the APC board briefly.
- After 10 seconds, press the cold start button on the AMC-IP board.
- Keep the cold start button pressed until the AMC status LED is blinking green.
Modify Factory Default Settings
After cold start the system is set up with a default program and is working without any further programming. To change or add to the default settings, the AlphaPro programming tool must be used.
Other methods of factory default
A factory default can also be achieved in other ways:
- From AlphaWeb: System Maintenance -> System Recovery -> Load Factory Defaults
- From AlphaPro: Upload a default AlphaPro database to the exchange